Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Monday & Tuesday training

I had two good workouts. With limited time until race day, I've decided to let Leon & Jose sweat out the details of what I'm doing. I will admit though, that with only a dozen bike rides outdoors in the past 2 decades, I am seriously undertrained for the bike leg. I did my 1st ride on April 13th, but then didn't bike again for a few weeks since I had the half marathon in Montreal, and the same process repeated with the Manitoba half. That is just pitiful.

But, because I am a superior athlete, I will still post respectable numbers this time. And if Leon doesn't like it he can kiss my arse (assuming he can run fast enough to stay close to my hairy arse...) . Hmmmm, if I shave my arse will I be more aerodynamic? I'll have to ask Uncle Ramone.

I have a few secret weapons up my sleeve, and if I put in a decent swim, those jet packs will really pay off. And just in case I somehow catch up to one of them, I've been practicing my laughing & heckling skills while running. So far on the 10 runners that I've practiced on, only 3 caught up to me and beat me up.